- 2nd Place Austria Climbing Summer Series 2020
- Southern German Champion Lead 2018, 2020
- 9th Place Lead World Cup Wujiang (China) 2017
- 13th Place Lead World Cup Xiamen (China) 2017
- German Vice Champion Lead 2013, 2016
- Sport climbing
- Sanjski par extension (9a), Osp, Slowenien
- Pure Dreaming (9a), Arco, Italien
- Underground (8c+/9a), Arco, Italien
- Bucking Bronco (8c+), Nago, Italien
- Perestroika (8c), Mallorca, Spanien
Questions to Martin
What do you usually do in your spare time?Currently I define time without training as spare time. So there is lots to do such as studying for uni, spending time in the nature, lots of organisational stuff and thinking about training and climbing :)
Give us a fun fact about you or a remarkable experience in your climbing career.Well, that is kind of funny and the first time I am actually sharing this. At my first Bouldering Championship in Überlingen at Bodensee in 2010 which was my second year of doing the whole comp thing I truly lacked comp experience. When I approched the last boulder I had the opportunity to win if I sent it in my first attempt. Well, there were red and blue holds though. At lead comps the rule was that you were only allowed to use of one colour so that is what I did in this boulder as well. I struggled so hard only using the red holds although there was a big blue hold right in front of me. Anyways, I could have done it in my first shot but this way I came third. Now I know: use everything the wall offers you.
What are your long term and/or short term goals?A long-term goal for me is to constantly work on myself to improve my strengths and reduce my weaknesses. Short-term goals are some projects and as the list gets longer and longer, there are probably some on it that can soon be called long-term ;) Currently, these include: "White Rose" 9a at Schleierwasserfall, "Om" 9a in Berchtesgaden and "Eagle-4" 9b in St. Léger.